Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Impala LT: I HAVE A 2009 CHEVY IMPAL. THE HIGH BEAMS…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2009 CHEVY...
I HAVE A 2009 CHEVY IMPAL. THE HIGH BEAMS DO NOT WANT TO WORK. EVERYTHING ELSE DOES ANY IDEA? I CHGED THE LIGHT AND STILL NO LUCK
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/26/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
I am sorry for the long waitdo you have a multi meter on hand ?when the high beams are turned on does the high beam display light up in the dash even though both high beams will NOT work ?
It does not when you have them turned on. If you use it for the quick one it lights up on the dash but the lights do not come on
when the high beams are selected to on in the under hood fuse box do the fuses called LT HI BEAM and RT HI BEAM shows 12 volts at them testing through the little openings in the tops of those 2 fuses ?
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician