BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet silverado 2500 hd. crew cab: 2008 duramax. Compass

Customer Question

2008 duramax. Compass and temp are not working onstar works fine once in a great while it will come on. But when it doesn't work my ses light and wait to start light dont work either and tire pressure light and low fuel light are very dim
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Did all of these issues start at the exact same time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they did
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It sounds like you have a failure in the body control module. This is very common on this truck. The module fails internally and causes this. It can also be a poor connection in the wiring harness. One common area of failure is under the driver side of the dash by the parking brake assembly. Check the wiring around there to make sure that there is no wear and shorting in the wiring. If that looks fine then it may be the module. Also make sure that the ground connections on the battery negative cable are clean and tight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ya i checked behind the parking brake pedal all looks good disconnected the grounds on both sides of the block nothing seems to work
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
The only other spot that I have seen issues with on this truck is under the fuse box under the hood. It is common for some of the electrical terminals to fracture from vibration and cause this. More than likely it is the bcm though.