Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet K2500 4x4: i have a 07.5 LMM durmax that the exhaust

Customer Question
i have a 07.5 LMM...
i have a 07.5 LMM durmax that the exhaust filter stopped up on. i removed the filter and cat replaced with new exhaust from drop down pipe to original muffler with 4" AFE race exhaust. i also bought a performance / filter delete programmer from diesel performance. it also has a cold air intake AFE installed. the truck runs great and has increased fuel mileage. the problem i'm having is during idling (after engine has come up to temp) you can the turbo whistle for couple seconds then you have normal muffler couple seconds. it will keep doing this the whole time time its in idle. i have watched the engine for any changes in rpm or rough idling during this and have see none. i have tried this in all 5 settings on programmer with same result. Manf. doesn't believe it's in programmer and may have been doing this before install i just couldn't here it because of old filter.Got any clue what might be going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/27/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
No it's not urgent but it has been a couple of days since I've asked the question. If u can't do no better than this I would like to have my money back.
It is the changes you have made causing this, the back pressure the flow has effected the exhaust into as well as out of the turbo impeller and the programmer gets the majority of its power increase by pushing the turbo and boost pressure beyond its limits. As long as the EGT is not to hot and its not effecting performance or fuel mileage there is nothing to worry about. The one thing I would worry about is the aftermarket air filter. They lead to more premature engine failures from dusting the cylinder walls. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician