BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4x4: , I have a k2500 Suburban

Customer Question

Hello, I have a k2500 Suburban with rear air. when I run a pressure test I get 45 to 50 on the low side of the A/C then the high side starts climbing up to almost 400. I pulled the orifice tube and it appears clean however there seems to be an excess of oil. I blew out the condenser and a lot of oil came out of it do I need to run a flush to get all the oil out? Also the 454 uses 64oz of 134 and 11.5 oil charge I have replaced the a/c compressor with a reman 4 seasons as the old compressor was leaking out the clutch seal. It is my thinking that there is too much oil clogging the system I know the cycle switch and high pressure switches are working as is the new compressor.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. It does sound like there is too much oil in the system. If there is then it will be hard to cool the refrigerant in the condenser. Also make sure that the engine fan clutch is engaging fully and not free wheeling. I would flush the entire system out with flush solvent as that will clean it out. Once you do this and refill it properly then it should be fine. Please let me know if you need more help.