Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Corvette: I have a 2002 corvette. I pulled the driver…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 corvette...
I have a 2002 corvette. I pulled the driver seat out to fix the seat rock and did one at a time and put both "bushing blocks " the same distance and verified with a tape measure. Now when you press the driver switch to go backwards it goes forward. And vice versa. And on key removal the seat will go forward instead of backwards. I tried a new gm seat module and swapped with the other seat switch. Still not working properly. Please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/26/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 3 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
I am sorry for the long waiteverything else on that drivers seat works correctly except the forwards and backwards of that seat seem to be reversed where you push forward and it will go backwards ? and vice versa ?
That is correct. I was a GM dealer tech for 11 years before I got in the elevator trade so I hope I have not missed anything obvious :)
if everything works everything is plugged in the issue seems to be the motor for forwards and backwards has the polarity reversed but that connection to that motor is 2 wires and usually can not be plugged in upside downit uses 2 wires and switches the power and ground through the 2 wires just like a 2 wire window motor to go one way and then the otherare you following me so far ?
I agree. It's just a reversible polarity dc motor. I have not touched the wires on the motor.
i have seen weird things like this happen and with no explanation for itwith a new programmed module and switch this is very oddbut lets try something herethe horizontal motor 2 wires to it are TAN and LIGHT GREEN terminals A and B on this connector C1 under the seatout of curiousity if you switch the wires in termal A to B will the seat work correctly ?
The seat module is just plug and play. I have not tried that on the motor. I have switched wires on the switch and it works correctly for 1" and then stops like the seat module is monitoring the feedback and does not like it. I will try that just for grins and get back to you this afternoon when I get home. At this point I will try anything
ok let me know
but we want to switch the wires at that connector i showed you
Ok piece of cake. It will be about 6 cst
thats fine let me know how it goes
I swapped the wires and it goes in the proper directions for about 1" then stops even though I'm still pressing the switch
thats it 1 inch forwards and backwards ?its not stopping on the small switch on the seat frame for distance stop ?
Not stopping on the distance stop
This car is possessed
well this is something anything i have seen beforelets see if another expert has seen this beforehang on another expert will replay back to you
And making me angry
Ok thanks
You are not making me angry this dang car is
we are just waiting on another expert that may have seen this before
Ok hopefully soon. Fan on in garage wires put back in place and feeling beat down. Sigh. ....