AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet Camaro: i put in a new fuel pump in a 1997 camaro

Customer Question

i put in a new fuel pump in a 1997 camaro and the fuel gauge is stuck on full and the car wont start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I would like to try and assist you with your camaro
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
The first thing to do is check to see if there is fuel pressure with the key on and cranking. If not, then we need to go back to the fuel pump and check power going to the pump. Maybe there is a bad connection preventing the pump from getting power and preventing the fuel gauge from working. You can check for power going to the fuel pump using a test light or a voltmeter.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
If there is power to the fuel pump but no fuel pressure check to see if you hear the fuel pump coming on. It may also be missing a ground preventing the pump from coming on. Let me know what you find!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer