Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet silverado z71 2500: 2008 Silverado , 6.6 diesel it…

Customer Question
2008 Silverado , 6.6 diesel it...
2008 Silverado , 6.6 diesel
it starts runs for a few seconds and then turns off
and to get it started again I have to prime it for to start again .
I have replaced the fuel filter housing but does the same
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
before I spray to start it up, I remove the small screw on top of filer housing or beside primer button ,
and I press down on button several time until fuel and air bubbles come out I tighen screw back .
after a couple of sprays as i'm cranking engine it start up
why do you say answer in just 8 minutes ....... it's been 3 hrs
6/26/2015
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 3 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. I am sorry that there was not anyone available to help you sooner, but I just got online and would like to assist you if you still needed help. Please let me know if you do and I will try to help you with this.