Bill
Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

I have a 2015 Chevy Colorado. On two occasions the "Reduced Power" warning came

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Chevy Colorado. On two occasions the "Reduced Power" warning came at 1543 miles, the truck immediately lost power. I took it in for repairs, Code P2138, the Accelerator Pedal Position sensors 1 and 2 were replaced. The same problem occurred at 3687 miles with the same code P2138. The dealer could not find anything wrong, all diagnostic test passed. They returned the vehicle to me with no cause or corrective action. Concerned about a reoccurrence while freeway driving. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.
I've seen this occur on two different vehicles . The two I've seen were both caused by poor terminal contact at the x101 connector which is labeled 9 in the picture below. I drag tested the pins. On one of them the pin was backed out of the connector and on the other I had to replace one of the pins. The snapshot data on the GDS scan tool should show which of the two app sensors is out of range. I would recommend having them read the live data and move that harness and connector around and look for voltage fluctuations. 9 times out of ten it is usually a connector issue. They are extremely sensitive to voltage fluctuations and connectors are the weak point. That is also why we've had so many air bag connector issues recently.
Bill
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58169456/9.pdf
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
I attempted to give information helpful to isolating your concern which is all I can do without a hands on diagnostic. I'm hoping you can rate my answer positive.
Thanks!
Bill