Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with manual windows

Customer Question
and locks. Can I out...
I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with manual windows and locks. Can I out in OEM pkwer windows and locks?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/25/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. You absolutely can. It will take time and effort and some money of course but it is doable. There is no difference in the doors they all have the bolt holes you just will need to get the wiring from dealer or a junk yard. You could
Buy the regulators and motors from parts stores and most likely find the switches there also or even use eBay. The hardest part will be wiring them in but yes. You absolutely can. Hope this information helps. Keep in mind that if you do not rate I do not get paid for my time answering your questions. I noticed you have used the site before. Hopefully you are happy with the services we try to provide but keep in mind again the experts do not get paid until you rate a positive rating. If you choose to try and add the components I can help with any follow up questions at no extra charge , I think you should price everything out and see if it's something you are willing to tackle. If you are not familiar with wiring and such you may want to have a shop do it. Hope this information helps. If you need anything let me know I am here to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
What if I get doors from the junkyard that already have power locks and windows? Will it just be plug and play as far as electrical? I thought I read somewhere about flashing a BCM??? To get it all running.
Junkyard doors would be the easiest. But you would still need the wiring from the door jamb to the fuse box and such , I don't think the bcm had much to do with your year. Let me check a diagram and I'll upload it to you.
here is the diagram, and yes the bcm is in the circuit, you should be able to add the pins to the connectors, the bcm should be ready to go for the windows, is not also get a bcm from a truck with power windows from the junk yard. hope this helps.
Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician