Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Trailblazer LT: chevy trailblazer 2004... just went

Customer Question

chevy trailblazer 2004... just went out to start it and sounds like cd player running, wont turnover, just a click and also key was stuck in ignition. Got the key out but weird thing the key fob wont beep when pressing lock or unlock on it... I am fairly certain it is not the battery but unsure how to determine that
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry your having this problemthis has all the signs or very low or weak battery power getting to the electronics in the truckwhen you usually hear that clicking it is relays trying to operate but do not have enough power to operate correctlycan you be sure both battery cables are clean and tight ?if so can you see if it will start with a jump start or remove the battery and have the local parts store test the battery for volts and amps and for bad cells99 % of these trucks doing this are bad battery cable connections or bad or weak battery'sthat is how you can determine if the battery is bad or not