Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Chevy siverado: getting no fuel to injectors. getting fuel

Customer Question

getting no fuel to injectors. getting fuel to throttle body. seems to pump plenty of fuel. pump is only a few years old as is fuel filter. checked fuse and power going to injectors..changed out throttle body with identical one that I am driving now. changed out fuel relay on said truck that I am driving now.
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the injectors are not getting the ground signal from the ECM to pulse the injectors. We use whats called a noid light that you unplug the injector and clip the light onto the harness and it should flash on and off when cranking.
if the ECM does not receive reference pulses (engine cranking) from the distributor the ECM deactivates the fuel pump relay. The fuel pump relay will be activated again when the ECM receives distributor reference pulses.
Have you checked for pulses to the injectors?
If you find that the injectors are not pulsing, replace the ignition module in the distributor and hope it's not a problem with the ecm because you cant test it, you can only replace the ignition module and if it doesnt fix it, the ecm needs replaced.
I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
You can still ask questions even after you do the required rating and there is no further charge!
Your question does NOT close after you rate. You can ask as much as you want and as long as you want.
Thank you.
Larry
I was just checking to see if you had any further questions.
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Larry