GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet sonic: I have a 2013 chevy sonic with a 1.4 turbo

Customer Question

I have a 2013 chevy sonic with a 1.4 turbo engine The compressor is not activating but I have checked the signal from the computer to the relay and the relay to the compressor and if I give it ground the compressor activate. We also replaced the a/c pressure switch and no luck any idea on where to go from here fyi the ambient sensor in the front for some reason is stuck on 57 degrees even if you disconnect the sensor does that have anything to do with it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.Do you have a scan tool? That can read live data?Try this disconnect both battery cables and touch them together. This will rest the system.Here is some info about the A/CThe following conditions must be met in order to turn on the A/C compressor:Battery voltage is between 9–18 V.Engine coolant temperature is less than 124°C (255°F).Engine speed is greater than 600 RPM.Engine speed is less than 5 500 RPM.A/C high side pressure is between 269–2 929 kPa (39–425 PSI).Throttle position is less than 100%.Evaporator temperature is greater than 3°C (38°F).ECM does not detect excessive torque load.ECM does not detect insufficient idle quality.The ambient temperature is above 1°C (34°F).Blower motor must be in any other position than off.A/C switch is depressed.