Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Tundra-fats. I'm Jay and I have a low-speed clanking noise

Customer Question

Hi tundra-fats. I'm Jay and I have a low-speed clanking noise coming from the front of of my 2002 Chevy Tahoe. Some details to follow:
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check and make sure the front axles and wheel bearings are o.k. as well as the front drive line and front brake pads and calipers.These are all common to cause this type of noise here.
if these are o.k. this may be due to the front differential low on fluid or an internal mechanical fault in the differential and it may need removed and taken apart for repair.
Thanks Pete