Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet 6.6 duramax 4x4: 2008 duramax going into limp mode

Customer Question
2008 duramax going into limp...
2008 duramax going into limp mode I drive daily with work trailer without issue hot or cold but seems like every time I haul my 10,000 lb travel trailer it does this before it was a fuel sending unit got it all fixed haven't had trouble till today after I had it running for about 5 hours it went into limp mode I changed the fuel filter because it was on 0 even though yesterday it was 40% I took the battery cables off and then reconnected drive to a service man who said I had 2 codes one for the turbo and 1 reduced fuel pressure but that the fuel pressure was where it should be so he cleared the codes an hour down the road it went to limp mode again a quick stop to take battery cables off and reconnect got me back on the road but I'm afraid it will keep happening any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/21/2015
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by sudden and intermittent low fuel pressure. This is typically caused by the pressure relief valve in the fuel rail as shown in the picture. The valve actually stops sealing all of the time as it becomes warped. There are a lot of online suppliers that sell upgraded ones that will not do this. Please let me know if you need more help with this.
I don't see a picture
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician