Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet van Express 3500: 2007 Chevrolet express 3500 front…

Customer Question
2007 Chevrolet express 3500 front...
2007 Chevrolet express 3500 front wheel cupping inside, loss of control on bumpy roads
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Wheel hop
6/20/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
I am sorry for the long waiti am assuming the inner tie rods and ball joints and basically everything in the front end has been inspected and is all tight ?was an alignment performed ? where caster and camber where checked and adjusted ?
Yes. Alignment done,two months ago.
do you still have the before and after alignment print outs ?are you 100 % sure the caster and camber where adjusted ?or was just the toe set ?
Just toe-in. Adjusted max. Not perfect.
with new shocks and i am assuming the tires are good and there is NO play in the front end at all the caster - camber must be aligned nextthose 2 adjustments or alignment specs are very critical for steering stability and tire wearthe odds are having a real front end alignment done which caster and camber is adjusted to spec then the toe last will correct this issue
The alignment was done before the new tires. I've checked the joints up on my lift and pried with bar. No up and down play. Inner ball joint seems to have a little play but not worn out. Truck has 220k miles. Bushings?
but like you said the caster camber was not checked or aligned back to specit has to have the caster - camber adjusted next and see if it still does this
The word from the alignment guy was that he ran out of adjustment. I don't feel he was competent. I come from a racing and mechanic background. This one has me stumped. Truck is not hot-rodded. I'll replace the inner tie rod end and seek a new alignment guy
it needs the caster camber checked next if the caster and camber can not be adjusted into spec because the adjustments MAX out before you get to sec the only thing left is the bushings in the control arms
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician