Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet 1500 suburban: Please send instructions with pictures…

Customer Question
Please send instructions with pictures...
Please send instructions with pictures to replace to change evaporator core for 1500 series Suburban 1998-1999. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/19/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
here is the procedureNegative battery cable.Engine coolant.Recover refrigerant.instrument panel.Electrical connectors, as necessary.Center floor air distribution duct.PCM and mounting tray (diesel engines only).Hinge pillar trim panels.Blower motor cover.Blower motor (60).Steering column.tilt back instrument panel assembly.Coolant recovery reservoir.Heater hoses.Evaporator tube.Accumulator.Screws (52 and 64).Nut (50).Screw (56).Module assembly (57).May be necessary to have an assistant when removing module assembly.Evaporator case bottom cover plate (63).Remove the seven screws that hold the cover plate to the module assembly.Heater core and seal from module assembly.Evaporator case cover (61).Remove the four screws that hold the case cover to the module assembly.Evaporator core.
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician