Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Malibu: My 2002 Chevy Malibu is running roughly.

Customer Question
My 2002 Chevy Malibu is...
My 2002 Chevy Malibu is running roughly. Check engine light started flashing on the highway, and the car was shaking badly when I came to an idle. Took it to the shop, he suggested replacing the spark plugs and wires. I did that, out doesn't run as roughly but the light still flashes when I go over 35mph. He said something about a vacuum test.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/19/2015
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 3 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** we begin can you tell me if you know which codes the computer is giving?
I'm not sure the codes, he said engine misfire and emissions.
If it is flashing then it is a misfire. Since you replaced the plugs and wires and it is continuing then it can be caused by a fuel injector or an internal compression issue. I would do a compression test to see what is going on internally.
Got the codes read at O'Reillys. They are: p0302 cylinder 2 misfire p0300 anyone misfire and c1225 wheel speed sensor circuit
Thank you. Since you have a misfire on a particular cylinder then you need to determine why. I would do a compression test just to make sure that the engine is fine internally. If it is then you more than likely have a failing ignition coil or you have an issue with the fuel injector on that cylinder.