Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Cavalier: I have a 2004 Cavalier 2.2 ecotech, overheating.

Customer Question
I have a 2004 Cavalier...
I have a 2004 Cavalier 2.2 ecotech, overheating. Replaced fan relay,sensor in back of motor, radiator,water pump, and thermostat. Still overheating.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/17/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
the fan is running when its over heating ?nothing you did helped at all ?
can you tell me how and when it over heats ?idle? or driving at speed ?will it boil over or just read hot ?will it loose any coolant with no visual leaks seen ?
It gets hotter the farther I go. the fan is running.I have to stop and let it cool down.After it gets hot it runs coolant out of the overflow.There is no water in oil. No oil in the water. no steam out the tailpipe after it warms up.
can you go to your local auto parts store and pick up a test kit called block testerand test the coolant for any emissions in the coolantwith everything you have done so far we have to eliminate any kind of head or head gasket issue that will just allow a small amount of compression into the coolant and cause this kind of issue
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician