Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Trailblazer LS: I have a 2002 trailerblazer Ls 6

Customer Question

I have a 2002 trailerblazer Ls 6 cyl. the ac is leaking out and seems to be leaking from the bottom of the chrome part where u put the feron in.that sits in a rubber piece or holder. its coming from the bottom on the ground.i called a shop and he said sounds like I need to replace everthing cost 1100.00 im in shock and hoping someone can tell me exactly whats wrong. please help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry your having this problemis it leaking from the bottom of this ?# ***** in this picture ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes sir #4
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what I could tell it seems to be a good leak to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and in the car passanger side vent was cold but the vent on driver side was warm
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok if your 100 % sure it is leaking Freon out of # ***** that is the AC accumulator and it needs to be replacedthe accumulators run $ 90 and the labor to change it and evac and recharge the AC system would be @ 1.5 hours labor X's the shops labor rateno the whole system does not need to replacedidk what kind of shop told you that but they need to NOT be working on your truck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and that is the part where the Freon hooks up and put in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do they leak from the bottom a lot.it looks to me like a sealed container but I am lost
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
yes the fitting is built into that aluminum partthey either leak on the bottom of them OR it can leak from where the lines connect to the fire wallif its not from either of those then the ONLY other place it can be leaking from is the evap core inside the truck and the heater a/c drain is lower in that area and you need to see if its leaking out of that drain hole if it is then the evap core needs to be changed which that would run 8.0 hours X's the shops labor rate and @ $ 200 for the evap core itself which will run up close to $ 1000