Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevrolet malibu ls: The peskey p0336 code

Customer Question

The peskey p0336 code
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more.
what year is your malibu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1999
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
ok, so what has been done so far? anything? i guess i need to know what you do and do not know so that way i do not waste your time. are you a shop or is this your car? what kind of scan tool or diagnosis tools do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the original engine broke a cam, so replaced motor, all done and have code, car runs fine, I bought it as scrap and am resurrecting it. I have a snap-on 2500 scan tool as well as a couple of hand held obd readers
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
ok, crank sensor is obviously the code, firs thing is to relearn the crank setting with the scanner , if it does not work, you will need to maybe replace the crank sensor or check the voltage, also make sure the crank pulley is fully seated, some older engines the crank loosens up and walks away from the sensor. so check all those and you should find the cause, if you need further help please ask i will do what i can to help. hope this helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.