Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Malibu LT: I have an 09 Malibu 4 cylinder. Recently

Customer Question

I have an 09 Malibu 4 cylinder. Recently had a p0301 code and after a lot of digging finally found out it was the injector wiring harnes that had a break. After that repair it ram great. About 2 weeks later, it's begins to misfire again. This time it's a p0303, cylinder 3. I've swapped plugs and coils and put in a new injector and after each time I reset the codes, the only one that pops up is the p0303. Thoughts?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
is it skipping at idle ?
when will it set that code ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does skip at idle and the code will just set a soon as the car is started unless I erase it
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
does # ***** have an injector pulse at idle ? testing with a noise light or test light ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tested it with a multimeter and its getting power
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok but is it getting the blinking injector pulse ?it can only be seen with a noide light or a test light across the 2 injector terminals with the engine at idle or when cranking it over
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't have access to that tester but if there's power getting to it an the injector is known to be good because I switched it to a different cylinder
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
an injector needs power to one terminal and a blinking ground to actually fire the injectorat this point we do not even know if that injector is being fired from the computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm convinced it's the injector wiring harness
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
the odds are it will bebut you need to confirm a blinking groundif the blinking ground is missing then the NON 12 volts wire from the injector is bad or the connector is bad or the computer is badnothing else will cause NO injector pulse
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By chance do you know if the non 12 wire is the solid one or the one with a black line on it?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
it should be the pink/black wire that is the pulse wire to fire the injector