Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I was talking to Bill last week about a p1516 and p2135 and

Customer Question

I was talking to Bill last week about a p1516 and p2135 and I have changed the throttlebody twice,throttlebody harness and he told me to soldier it in and I changed the pedal, I checked all the grounds,changed the tac module and I also went to Gm and had
the reprogram done and a day later the p1516 came back on twice in two days. also bill told me to put some dielectric greaes on the tac module connecters. Since the reprogram no more p2135 codes.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I still need help with this problem because it's not repaired.
Did you do the steps below in the file for this code? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/06P1516.pdf The prior steps were all good, and things I would have learned towards as well, but its time to go through the GM steps. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done most of it, all that's left is to check resistance on the grounds side between the throttle body harness and the tac module. The throttle body is new, throttle body harness is new, throttle pedal new, tac module new and all dealer parts. So for me next is to pull out all nine wires from the throttle body to the tac module and check them. The biggest problem is it does not pull codes every day it's very intermittent. I was told by a service manager and a mechanic they do not know the fix and everything is trial and error for fixing this problem.
It is going to take some time figuring this out, its not going to be something obvious to the eye. Let me know once the resistance checks are done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay
Super
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For the most part once the resistance test is done, I can fix the problem because it will let me know i have a bad wire. I am a diesal and gas mechanic of 30 trucks at a local newspaper, but I will keep you informed.
Thanks