Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Equinox LT: Bob, this may take some time to e

Customer Question

hi Bob, this may take some time to explain
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hope I'm doing this website correctly. also used die electric grease, could so no obvious corrosion or damaged pins. Adjusting the seats and steering column mad no changes. No obvious broken wires, I have checked my work over and over! My scanner will not detect symptom bytes.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the air bags had deployed (any of them) the air bag computer itself needs replaced to correct this issue here.On some models it can be reset or reprogrammed after air bag deployment but on this model the air bag computer needs replaced and programmed to your vehicle in order for it to operate properly.
If this was not done this needs done.If this was done already let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Pete, Yes the airbag mod, the one under the center consoule has been reprogramed by "airbag systems Co."

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Did these codes only occur after it was reprogrammed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not have the correct scanner to read the codes before all the bags were replaced. So I did not read the codes before I made the repaires. Im thinking symptom bytes would be about the best way to figure this out. Really leary of dealership work tats why im trying my best to get this figured out, thanks for your time and input

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
There is a chance the air bag computer was programmed incorrectly and caused this fault here.I have seen this occur before and had to have it reprogrammed or replaced to correct this fault.
This will need to be checked into further to see if this is a computer fault or if this is an issue with the air bag wiring or air bag components.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Pete, I'm going to have to contact "Airbag systems" to see what they have to say about SRM program
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,let me know what they come up with here and if you need anything else.Feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Pete, Still waiting for reply from "Airbag sytems" My wife wants to know if we owe Paypal $28.00 I told Her I dont think so, not at this point.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Your funds are only a deposit here until you rate my help above.Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks Pete