Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2005 chevy trailblazer. My passenger front window n…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 chevy...
I have a 2005 chevy trailblazer. My passenger front window n both rear windows do not work from my driver door controls or there own controls on each door. I took the passenger front control n tried it on driver side door. Will roll the window up but not
down. So i took the known good switch from drivers door n plugged it into the passenger door and the window goes up n down no problem. What could be causing the switch to only roll the window up
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/15/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
With what you have described here this sounds like either an internal electrical fault in the BCM (body control module) computer or the drivers door module computer.Both of these operate the windows and if one has an internal fault this will occur.Most common for this issue can be the body control module needing replaced as I have seen fail several times in the past before needing replaced.
What will need to be done here is to have the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and communicates with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.
Thanks Pete
I just had the bcm replaced a month ago along with the pcm due to a electrical issue under the driverside floor trim panel. My air bag light is also on and the mechanic keeps telling me it has something to do with that.
Now this drivers door module computer?? Where is this located? Can i just replace that with one from a junk yard or does it need to be programmed?
Are you still available to try and help me with this problem?
I apologize for the delay.
If it is the drivers door module (which is part of the door control switch on the drivers side) if it is replaced with a used one it has to come from the same model vehicle with the same window and electrical controls.If it is not the same it will need programmed by a dealer.
The air bag light on wouldn't cause issues with the window operation but if there is still wiring damage as there was before on your vehicle this can cause the air bag light and window faults and may have even damaged the new BCM.
Thanks Pete
Ok everything makes sense that you have said so far. But heres an update for you. As i said before i have been taking the driver controls and plugging it into the passenger side to roll the window. I did this yesterday. Me and my wife got to our destination and out of regular instinct i hit both driver and passenger buttons to roll the windows up. They both started going up. Then realized what i was doing n was like wth now its gonna work. So i rolled the passenger back down and all the way up with the driver side controls. Then had my wife do it with the passenger controls. So now all the sudden the passenger window is working 100% again. Still no rear windows. Care to give any insight on this now lol.
This may still be shorted or damaged wiring intermittently as it may be causing a loss of signal intermittently causing this here.
I would have the wiring repair that was done re checked to see if any new faults are found or if any of the repairs they had made have failed and is causing this fault here.
Thanks Pete
Ok ill check them out and get back to you asap
Sounds good.