Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: I'm out of town and my DEF has…

Customer Question
I'm out of town and...
I'm out of town and my DEF has been acting up on me in my 2011 2500 HD saying 55 MPH max speed upon restart.... if I unhook my batteries, for several hours.... will that buy me enough time to take it home which is another 1000 miles or so?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/14/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Disconnecting batteries will not do anything. You may want to call Chevy roadside and see if a technician can come out with his scanner and check the truck to see if he can erase the faults so you can make it back home and also make sure your def is filled up. That's about the best you can do without taking it to a dealer or a shop before you head back. Sorry you are having this issue , there have been so many complaints about the 2011 def Chevy and gm systems it's not even funny. It could be anything from a software update to a def pump to a engine control module. The repairs are all across the board. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou