Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Geo Prizm: 97 geo prism parked 3 years. Turns over fine, won't…

Customer Question
97 geo prism parked 3...
97 geo prism parked 3 years. Turns over fine, won't start. New gas, battery, oil.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2015
Chevy Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.You need to remove the fuel tank and have it cleaned remove all the old fuel,replace the fuel filter remove the fuel injectors and clean the spray nozzles with carb cleaner.You might even have to replace the fuel pump.The old fuel can gel up.