Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Jerry. We are having trouble

Customer Question
Hello Jerry. We are having...
Hello Jerry. We are having trouble with a 1996 Chevy pickup***** The check engine turned on and I used the scanner and the codes that it read were: crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, and P1351 IC circuit high voltage. But about 2 weeks ago we changed the crankshaft and com shaft sensors and the engine module. But the problem is that it is still making noises,it feels like it is a misfiring problem. What do you think we should do in this case?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/14/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
You mentioned noises but did not mention the sound of the noises?Have you done the diag steps for these codes, if not do you need them?What liter engine do you have? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris