Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How to unlock factpry estéreo con 2005 chevy equinox

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/13/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 3 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
I am sorry for the long waitis this a used radio installed in this vehicle ?
Yes the CD player didn't work so dealer found a used factory stereo for the 2005 Chevy equinox. But it is the same factory stereo as before
thank you for that informationthe only way to unlock that used radio i am sorry to say is with a tech2 programming scan tool or a scan tool equivalent to the tech2 scan tool as the 2005 radios need to be programmed to the vehicles VIN number it is going into which as of now the used radio still have the other vehicle VIN number still programmed in itwhat has to be done is a shop needs to program this used radio to your VIN number ans set up the radio with the scan tool and then the radio will work finethere is NO way around this but to have it programmed for it to work i am sorry to say