Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Scottsdale 20: Behind the fuel filter in my 85 Chevy…

Customer Question
Behind the fuel filter in...
Behind the fuel filter in my 85 Chevy Scottsdale 20 there's two drain plugs top and bottom black with an ex on the top I lost the bottom one in the engine somewhere and can't find it what
do I do .. And what is the part called and how do I get it I went to every parts dealer in my area ...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/12/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Dr. Hamman, Chevy Technician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Chevy Technician
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.
Can you post a pic of the plug where I can see it. Also do you have any dimensions from the plug.
Can you take another shot at that last post, you lost me at "It's the lower one though that's the top plug" Thanks