Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an ac issue on a 2003 trailblazer

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/12/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 3 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
what is the issue you are having ?
MY 2003 Trailblazer AC is not cooling. The clutch does engage and the compressor is turning. The suction side pressure initially was running about 25 PSIG. I added a bit of freon to bring it to 35 PSIG. The lines do not feel cool and there was no cool air. However, I just went to move the car and let it run for 5-10 minutes and it felt like it was trying to cool down but not alot. I did not check the lines when it felt like the air was getting cooler. From what I read, 35 should be enough to get decent cooling. Any ideas
correct low side with the compressor running 30 to 35
what is the high side reading ?
can you evac the ac system down and pull a vacuum for 15 minutes then fill the system back up to exact spec what will the a/c do after you do that ?
Will take a look in the AM
sounds good