Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2014 Impala LTZ 4 cyl, and need to replace a part

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Impala LTZ 4 cyl, and need to replace a part of the passenger side mirror. The ONLY thing I need is the black plastic "cap" that covers the bottom of the mirror. It allows for a light to shine when the car turns off at night (right through the black plastic at the bottom). I don't need any of the rest of the mirror assembly (all my electronics and sensors and heat work just fine) and the cost of the assembly with all of the above is upward of $350. They DON'T just sell the plastic part that covers the bottom. Would I be safe to buy the assembly without the electronics? I could then just remove the plastic bottom and replace mine. I just need to know that the plastic part would have the cutout that lets the light through to light the sidewalk on the passenger side when the passenger gets out. They sell the assembly with or without the electronics, and the price difference is worth investigating. Thanks for looking into it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect your mirror now and see if there is a cut out to replace just the plastic piece to see if it can be removed.My info only shows it replaced as an assembly unfortunately.
If there is a cut out to replace the piece you need only then ordering it without the electronics should get you the piece you need.
One other place you can try is used at www.car-part.com to see if they can remove and sell you only the part you need.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did indicate that I need the part with the cutout, and carparts.com does not have the right mirror available.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k. I will see if anyone else here can assist further on this as someone may have more info on where to locate what you need.I will open your question up for others to help here.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.
Thanks Pete