Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet 1500 Pickup: Extra steering column spring

Customer Question
I was replacing the ignition...

I was replacing the ignition switch and tightening the the column and noticed an extra spring that looks like item 45 in the diagram on a 1990 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. Unfortunately I can not determine where it should go... and I did not see an obvious location around item 44. It looks like it could wrap around a quarter about 30% of the diameter with a bend at each end. Thanks!

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/4vk5e-chevrolet-pickup-4x4-1990-chevy-half-ton-pickup-the.html#

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/7/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 3 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
can you post a picture of this spring?
Roy