Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet 2500HD: Not getting power to clutch cycling swit…

Customer Question
Not getting power to clutch...
Not getting power to clutch cycling switch.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 day by:
6/8/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Kavey, Shop Owner replied 3 years ago
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Check the 4 pins at the compressor relay with the A/C turned on. Check all four for ground and then check all 4 for power. Let me know which ones have power, which ones have ground and which ones have nothing. There is a pinout on the side or bottom of the relay letting you know which pin is which so you can relay the right info back to me.

I haven't checked relay but I have got a new one and it is working. It is same as horn relay and I swapped l, horn worked. It will randomly work when it wants. Sometimes it blows cold and clutch engages exactly like it's suppose to. Others it just doesn't

Having a good relay will not get power TO the relay.

Ok. So u need me to check power going to the relay pins. I will check them then get back to you.

Yes. Let me know and we can move on.

It has been working so haven't had a chance to test. Like I said it'll work fine for X amount of time. Then it'll quit, may quit for awhile or may kick back on.

The relay is getting power like it is suppose to