Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Silverado 2500: I have a 2000 Chevy 2500 Silverado

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Chevy...
I have a 2000 Chevy 2500 Silverado with the 6.0 it was spitting in sputtering and ran perfectly fine this morning and started spitting and sputtering and then died
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/3/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
I am sorry for the long wait
does it have spark at the spark plugs when cranking it over ?
any idea what the fuel pressure is key ON engine OFF ?
It fires and has spark it has over 55 psi pressure of gas
It will start up and run but Idols rough and if you step on the gas it will choke it out and it smells of rich
key ON engine OFF the fuel pressure is 55 - 62 and will hold withing spec for a few seconds ?
if you remove the O2 sensors in FRONT of the cat converter and run the truck will it stop doing this ?
No
no to which ?
It holds pressure when the key is off but it will not run right even if you unplug 02 sensors
ok can you take a fuel sample in a glass container and let the sample sit is there any separation ?
gas will float on water
if the fuel is good and smells good can you perform a compression test on all 8 cylinders ?
The tank was empty and I filled it all the way up to a full tank so there is new gas in there and I have compression all the cylinders
And that was yesterday and this started happening two days ago
lets see if another expert has any ideas
hang on another expert will reply back to you
Can I can censor do this
Cam sensor
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
DID THE ENGINE LIGHT STAY ON?IF SO,CAN YOU GIVE ME THE COMPUTER TROUBLE CODES?
so,it does start now,,but misses?is that correct?
tell me all you can
thanks
It runs rough dies when u give it gas
Don't have any codes
it doesnt give a code,or you dont have a scanner?
It doesn't throw a code
ok
and,,the fuel pressure stays 55psi+ while running?
Yes
does it run bad like this when hot and cold?
you do smell raw fuel?
It's new gas and both hot and cold
how many miles is on it?
did you replace the plugs and wires?
139000 and yes just two weeks ago
ok
sense there are no trouble codes,and,from the way you explain,,this could be a couple of things..
1-perhaps the new crank sensor is bad
2-it is possible that the maf sensor is bad
3-i have seen a bad ect[engine coolant temperature] sensor do this and not give a code.and this will flood the engine.
it is strange that it is running the badly and not giving a code.
i would think that a cam sensor would give a 341-343 code.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Replaced them all twice
the ect also?
Where is that located
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/79es8hck4ncqo07/0603-chevy-6.0-Cam%20sensor.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/79es8hck4ncqo07/0603-chevy-6.0-Cam%20sensor.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic