Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have an 03 s10 zr2 with about 150k. recently I suddenly

Customer Question

Hello
i have an 03 s10 zr2 with about 150k. recently I suddenly lost 3rd gear and overdrive. fluid level is fine, however i found underneath what appears to be a vacuum hose dangling down on the passenger side, and it's end melted on the exhaust manifold. my question is: 1)is there any chance this could be something that's not supposed to hook to anything and being melted shut is what's causing the gear loss? and 2)if it should need to hook up somewhere (it's length would suggest somewhere on the topside of the trans) what is the best way to access where it might should go?
thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Vacuum does not control the 203 shift on this model, so the line you found is not to blame. I would need a picture of it to determine where it goes. Open he file below to see the possible causes for no 3rd.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/s102-3.png
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris