Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 2500 6.0 will not start. battery is fully charged. turn…

Customer Question
2012 2500 6.0 will...
2012 2500 6.0 will not start. battery is fully charged. turn the key and nothing happens.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
the truck was stuck in the mud since we have been having lots of rain here. anyway, it acts almost like the steering column is not locking. abs light and check engine light is on now. the truck only has 27k miles on it. checked battery and its fully charged. instrument cluster works. truck does not make a sound when the key is turned.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/2/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Ok the codes are u0121 and u0100 engine control module. I disconnected the negative battery post to try and reset it and the same codes appeared again. Could the ecm go out in a situation like this. Agsin the truck was stuck in some loose mud and really not in a bind. The abs is on, check engine light is on and it's telling me to service the trailer breaks .
ok heres another twist - we did get the truck to start finally this morning but there is no power - it acts like its in a limp mode or something similar.
Hi
Now that it will start and run but has no power. Are there new codes stored now and what warning lights are on while running?
Hi
We need to start with checking the actual and desired fuel pressure to see if there is an injector pump issue. Can you do that?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris