Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet cavalier LS Sport: my sons and I installed a factory…

Customer Question
my sons and I installed...
my sons and I installed a factory kit supercharger (2004 ion redline) on my 04 cavalier ls sport. At hiway speeds it is all good. In town usually at an idle there is an intermittent miss on cylinder #2. I have replaced the injectors and plugs with oem. I have been trying to identify the problem for 3 months. have you any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 day by:
5/31/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Hi

Can you check the cylinders compression and surrounding cylinders for a comparison. If good then I suspect its the driver in the PCM to blame.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris