BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet: I'm looking to purchase a 3/4 ton Chevy truck to

Customer Question

I'm looking to purchase a 3/4 ton Chevy truck to pull a 4600# ***** horse trailer. Truck will be for minimal towing (50 miles a week or so during summer months and light plowing in winter). We are leaning towards a 2000-2006 gas 6.0 or 8.1 with Allison. Are we on the right track for our purposes? Would the 8.1 be overkill or an advantage? Any years we should avoid or trouble spots we should check for? What options re towing should we seek? Thanks.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. If you are looking for a gas engine, and one that will be trouble free then the 8.1 is the way to go. This is best when it comes to power and reliability. The 6.0 can barely handle itself without feeling a loss of power on hills. Please let me know if you neeed more help.