Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevy Tahoe: My front dash fan control is not working. the

Customer Question

My front dash fan control is not working. the display lights up, and I can adjust the temp and fan speed, but nothing happens. I do have my rear AC that works. I have tried to replace the fan control relay, as well as checked the fuses that are associated with the climate system. It all seems to be fine. any suggestions?
Its a 2012 chevy tahoe z71
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
Does your model have the Auto Functions on the heater ac control or the manual controls?
Was the blower control module/resistor replaced at all?
Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you mean on the control panel? It has auto and manual.resistor was not replaced (that i know of)
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,the most common cause for this issue here is the blower motor resistor/control module failing.This receives the signal from the heater/ac control panel on the dash then takes the signal and controls the blower motor speed.This is the most common component that fails on this model and causes no blower/fan operation like this here.If this has not been replaced it needs tested to see if it is the component at fault and replaced.
If you have a multi meter to test electrical with I can tell you how to test this just let me know.I font someone that does have this will need to do the testing.
Thanks Pete