GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT LS: Go to put my truck in park,the

Customer Question

Go to put my truck in park,the shifter go,s in park but the truck reads reverse,shifters locked.have to push truck to get it to pop in park
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear about this issue, There are a couple things this could be.
Almost always the cable pops off at the transmission lever on the drivers side of the transmission. There is no retainer, only a rubber insert in the end of the cable that holds it on the pin of that lever. Climb under when it is safe to do so and check the cable. Pop it back on and see if it goes on firmly.
If this cable has not popped off then we may be looking at a problem with the Neutral switch on the side of the transmission or the condition of the cable that attaches to it. The cable may be bending and causing issues such as this.
Also make sure there is nothing caught in the shifter boot. That is a common place for issues to happen. Money, debris gets caught and causes it to bind in there.
Lets start with these inspections and see if you are able to find and correct the issue with that.