GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What will cause to lean fuel in bank one put new distributor

Customer Question

what will cause to lean fuel in bank one put new distributor shaft plugs and wires new coil new fuel filter this is a 2002 chevy silverado 4.3 v6 has low end to no power to start off with then pic ks up to speed limits
Submitted: 2 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
was all that work done to correct the lean code ?
what are the code numbers setting in the computer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the work done was to try to fix the problem yes lil to no improvements is it possible stopped up catalac converter ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the code numbers were all over the place and from local autozone not sure what they were / would it help you to have vin# ***** this truck ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all the plugs were set to 0.60000 looks like all were clean and burning good no oil or fouling deposits on any of old plugs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what will a burnt valve act like truck has 272 ooo miles it been a good truck tough as nails
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
can you find out the code numbers ?
can you tell me what the fuel pressure is key ON engine OFF and will it hold PSI for a second or two
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
if this is setting any kind of lean codes at all that means there is a vacuum leak or low fuel pressure or dirty or restricted fuel injectors
lean = too much air not enough fuel
we have to eliminate fuel pressure as an issue next
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this truck has no fuel rails for fuel injection has carburator top of intake can get numbers from computer when i get to town will write them down ok not sure about vacumm leak but possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
was thinking you have vehicle vin # ***** you know what truck we working on
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
there is a fuel pressure test port on the fuel line top back of the drivers side of the engine near the distributor to test the fuel pressure
all i need is the information you already sent a 2002 silverado 1500 with a 4.3 V6 engine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will check pressure see if it holding will get back to ya lil while via phone #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
thats fine let me know
if the fuel pressure is 60 - 66 PSI key ON engine OFF and will hold within spec for a few seconds then remove and clean the MAF sensor out and see if that makes any difference either way and also find out what the code numbers are