Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet: 4.3 Vortec, it is is a boat and it is a 2002, I…

Customer Question
4.3 Vortec, it is is...
4.3 Vortec, it is is a boat and it is a 2002, I need the toque specs and sequence for the head bolts.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
5/26/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 3 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Hello, My name is***** will do my best to assist you.The heads are tightened bysetting the initial torque of 22 ft lbs, then the bolts in order are turned by degrees
each side is the same

1. Tighten the cylinder head bolts in sequence on the first pass.
    • Tighten the bolts in sequence on the first pass to 30 Nm (22 ft. lbs.).
  1. Use the J 36660-A in order to tighten the cylinder head bolts in sequence on the final pass.

graphic

• Rotate the long bolts (1, 4, 5, 8, and 9) an additional 75 degrees.
    • Rotate the medium bolts (12 and 13) an additional 65 degrees.
    • Rotate the short bolts (2, 3, 6, 7, 10, and 11 an additional 55 degrees.
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech