Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Chevy uplander leaking water on feet on passenger side.

Customer Question
I tried underneath car to...
2007 Chevy uplander leaking water on feet on passenger side. I tried underneath car to see if plugged and no it is not.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
My husband has taken it all apart inside the car to get to coil, and really does not know what to look for.
Help!
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/23/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Hello,very sorry for the delay
Is he trying to replace the heater core because of the leak, because it may not be the core leaking?
If it is the heater core he is replacing here are some pics to help.
Below are some diagrams showing how to remove the heater core. Copy and paste the links to a new window to view.
There is a cover you remove and then the core can be seen, and it drops out the bottom.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/core%20cover.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/core.PNG
If he has any questions please ask me.
Larry
No it is not the heater core. It is leaking on your feet when air conditioning on. Worse than that the carpet is soaked. He took up carpet and it is rusted in that center part.
Got ya now.
The AC evaporator drain is plugged then. The drain comes out through the firewall and into the engine compartment and it gets plugged up from leaves and debris that come down thru those little grille vents below the wipers and goes into the AC heater box....let me see if i can find you a picture of where that hole is located but it's not on the inside of the car, it will be under the hood on the firewall near the passenger side ....let me see what i can find.
The drain comes straight out, no tube. It is approximately 3 ft in from the side of the passenger side of the car. It comes out through a black fiber insulating pad. It was only visible from under the car. Look at the front side of the pad and you should see an indented area, if you reach up with your hand and push in slightly you will see the drain opening. There is no tube connected to it, Comes straight out through this material. You can use a small piece of wire to clear the clog.
It's just a plastic round opening coming through the firewall, hidden around the insulation, just across from the exhaust manifold on the engine. sometimes the seal on the inside is leaking and will need to have silicone or other sealant applied. But have him use something to poke in the hole and clear it out.
It's a bugger to find but crawl under and use a flashlight and you will find it :-)
I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
You can still ask questions even after you do the required rating and there is no further charge!
Your question does not close after you rate.
Thank you.
Larry
No it does not help at all, did the wire thing nothing, I said that we did. Crawled all underneath, took it all apart inside did not find it. That is why I paid the money for an expert. Not any better than I was before.
Sorry you are having so much trouble with this. If the drain tube is clear, then the seal on the inside is leaking and will need to have silicone or other sealant applied. There is a rubber o-ring between the AC case and the firewall and water is getting past that. Short of removing the complete AC/heater housing you can pull back the insulation where the drain is and use some alcohol base cleaner to clean the area good and apply a bead of silicone around the tube.