Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Malibu: 2011 Chevy Malibu had codes P0014, 0016,0017…

Customer Question
2011 Chevy Malibu had codes...
2011 Chevy Malibu had codes P0014, 0016,0017 fixed exhaust solenoid and intake solenoid only have P0016,0017 now but car is idling high at stops and seems like it takes a while to shift. Any ideas what's going on?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/23/2015
Chevy Mechanic: Edgar, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, is the vehicle 4 cylinders 2.4L or the V6 3.6L ?
2.4 ecotec
Those are camshaft correlation codes, make sure that the engine is not low on oil and if is not you have to remove the engine front cover and inspect the timing chain for excessive play if the chain is good you need to replace the intake and exhaust camshaft actuators, also make sure that the solenoids that you replace are the correct part numbers