Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevy Equinox: Equinox 2006 trans axle started slipping now

Customer Question

Equinox 2006 trans axle started slipping now won't engage. check engine light is now on and traction control light
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
I am sorry your having this problem
is the transmission physically being shifted into reverse and rive it it just acts like neutral no matter what gear you select ?
when in park will the vehicle NOT roll and lock on the parking lock ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It acts like its in neutral no matter what gear.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Randy if the fluid is full and it will lock and NOT roll in park and its being physically being shifted into the gears the problem is going to be an internal failure inside this transmission and it will need to be replaced or removed and torn down and more than likely rebuilt
by default no matter what happens electronically with the transmission it should always have reverse and a forward gear
when you do not have either there is an internal transmission failure i am sorry to say