Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

What's the actual name of the brain on a 2009 Chevy Malibu?

Customer Question
What's the actual name of...
What's the actual name of the brain on a 2009 Chevy Malibu? Trying to look for part online. I asked prior to this some quotation to help me diagnose the problem but it didn't help. After over$400 with car still in shop we think the problem may be the brain?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/21/2015
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
The Powertrain Control Module is the PCM for your vehicle. I don't know what your issues or trouble codes are or even your engine size though.
Let me know so I can help
Thank you
Idk size of engine, boyfriends car. No problems then just won't crank. Lights on dash not reading correctly and go off when u try to start car. Chevy said the pcm was not reading on the diagnostic thing they did. But wanted to charge a crazy amount of $ just to start there. Towed it to another shop, they said it was starter replaced stayed still isn't working. Checked all fuses ans have new battery. ...
Probably not the PCM then, the body module controls that. Continue working with the expert you have on your other question that you have open and I am sure you will get to a solution
I thought that was the name pcm but can't find it online. Oh ok, thought this was a membership type thing the other guy is not online.... don't know how this works. But they already got my$ who ever so i figured I'd ask more questions....ty anyways:/