Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I put in a new door handle on a 2010

Customer Question

I put in a new door handle on a 2010 Chevy Silverado on the inside hope they're letting up cable is hooked put it back together close the door now the inside nor the outside handle work I've tried unlocking and locking doesn't seem to help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
You should be able to remove the interior door trim and use your hand at the latch to move the linkage and get the door open so you can see what is wrong. So far it seems like the handle linkage either popped off or got hooked up wrong or are damaged. Check these prior to confirming the latch has failed.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris