Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Aveo LT: I have a Chevy Aveo and I can't get the

Customer Question
I have a Chevy Aveo...
I have a Chevy Aveo and I can't get the alarm to stay off, I just changed the battery because it was not working since I bought it second hand
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
5/21/2015
Chevy Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.This could be caused by the Hood alarm sensor.Open the hood and adjust the hood stops down a little.See if these helps.
That does not help, I changed the battery because it was not working when I got it and now the alarm will not stay off, when I open the door it goes off, when I press the button it stops but when I start the car it goes off again and does not stop so the alarm is sounding while I am driving and pressing the button does not work
This is the battery in the remote key.
i got it sorted out myself thanks
SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician