Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71: pcm not reading

Customer Question

pcm not reading
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !does the truck run ?
is this an issue with a scan tool not communicating to pull codes ?
what year is this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2003 chevy avalanche this car run, but the check engine light is on I am trying to read not communication
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am waiting
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
most of these doing this care caused by the 12 volts missing from terminal # ***** at the data link connector the orange wire
usually the fuse in the under hood fuse box called CIG LTR a 15 amp fuse is blow and replacing that fuse should correct this problem
if by chance that fuse is good and the orange wire shows 12 volts at the connector and the black and the black/white wires are a good ground then either try another scan if it still will not communicate then the purple wire from the connector to the splice connector is bad and not transferring data because of the wire being bad
since the engine runs there is nothing worse it can be as the computer is working
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
let me try Thanks
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
anytime
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have another problem 2009 dodge avenger have misfire we change wire, spark, intake sensor in air cleaner, Intake gasket, test coil is good
run good and drive for short time, after start to trembles o move and goes off, we start again same:problem run good for little time
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
you will need to open another question for the Dodge Avenger problem
Justanswers rules not mine
don't forget to rate us here at Justanswer for the Avalanche question