GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet trailblazer lt: 2006 chevy trailblazer will start

Customer Question

2006 chevy trailblazer will start and run 5 seconds and quit but will srat right back up and do the same thing
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Can you tell me the history of this issue? Has it lacked power over the last few days/weeks? HAs it down this then run and then did it again or what is happing prior to this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
car ran fine and parked car. then it would not run the next day only for five seconds quite but would start back up and do the same thing
Do you get a security message or a lock through a car flashing when this happens? DO you have anything aftermarket installed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we do not get anything
OK, in the fuel tank is a pump, that pump should turn on for 2 seconds when you turn the key on. It should be a very subtle hum, Do you hear that or does it sound much hight pitched and VERY easy to hear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we do not here anything
OK, if you press the fuel, does it stay running longer? Also are you looking to repair this yourself or are you looking only for costs and such to get it fixed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it does not stay running when you press gas pedel if it is fuel pump do you have to drop the tank
Yes, if the fuel pump is indeed faulty then we do need to drop the tank to replace. The test we need to do is measure the fuel pressure. This is done at a small port on the engine. Spec for this engine is 50-60 psi. If it drops below that then its a faulty pump .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where is the fuel port found
Its a black cap in the area shown in the yellow circle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you if i have any more questions i will be back
Thank you, ***** ***** that. Please bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it so we can continue the discussion. This is done by pressing (CTRL D on PC and CMD D on Mac). You can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you rate the site and I will reply.